Nov 27, 2017
C-SPAN is much more fun with friends! In this special episode,
Matt Marr, comedian and host of the Dear Mattie Show, joins Jen at
The Comedy Store to discuss three bills that have passed the U.S.
House of Representatives. Lots of laughs in this one!
Please Support Congressional Dish
- Click here to contribute using
credit card, debit card, PayPal, or Bitcoin
- Click here to support Congressional
Dish for each episode via Patreon
- Mail Contributions to: 5753 Hwy 85 North #4576 Crestview, FL
Thank you for supporting truly independent media!
Matt's Podcast and Social Media
Full Title: "Honest and Open New EPA Science Treatment Act of
- Prohibits the EPA from creating
regulations unless all scientific information used to justify
it is published online and can be reproduced.
- Limits the EPA spending on this
new requirement to $1 million per year out of the money they
Passed the House on March 29, 2017 by a vote of 228-194 Written by Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas's 21st
- Prohibits the EPA Administrator
and the States from requiring permits to discharge pesticides into
waterways if the pesticide is authorized for sale.
Passed the House on May 24, 2017 by a vote of
256-165 Written by Rep. Bob Gibbs of Ohio's 7th
Written by Rep. Pete Olsen of Texas's 22nd
district Passed the House on July 18, 2017 by a vote of 229-199
- Article: Thousands of scientists issue bleak
'second notice' to humanity by Sarah Kaplan, The Washington
Post, November 13, 2017.
- Article: Climate change upped the odds of
Harvey's extreme rains study finds by Chris Mooney, The
Washington Post, November 13, 2017.
- Blog: Falling walls: How repairing the
ozone hole helped the climate by Guus Velders, Scientific
American, November 2, 2017.
- Article: How climate change likely
strengthened recent hurricanes by Craig Welch, National
Geographic, September 20, 2017.
- Article: Scott Pruitt's crimes against
nature by Jeff Goodell, Rolling Stone, July 27,2017.
- Article: Oklahoma's earthquake threat now
equals California's because of man-made temblors, USGS says by
Rong-Gong Lin II, LA Times, March 1, 2017.
- Interview: Author Jan Mayer on how the Koch
brothers have changed America by Lauren Kelley, Rolling Stone,
February 14, 2016.
- Article: The Koch brothers' dirty war on
solar power by Tim Dickinson, Rolling Stone, February 11,
- Article: Inside the Koch brothers' toxic
empire by Tim Dickinson, Rolling Stone, September 24,
- Report: 2010 ozone hole smaller than usual,
MACC, Winter 2010.
Sound Clip Sources
Design by Only Child Imaginations
Music Presented in This Episode